Britt here with another fun craftivity for you to do with your students during the winter months! But this isn’t just a craft– it’s a learning opportunity for students, too. I’ve titled this activity Snow Globe Winter Habitats and I used OOLY paints and craft supplies to complete the project!
The goal for this craft is to encourage students to learn about the habitats of animals that thrive in cold atmospheres. Students will create a snow globe for an animal of their choosing (or one that you assign them) and then research interesting facts about the habitat to share with their peers.
Feel free to download this FREE worksheet to help students brainstorm their project.
- Two paper plates
- OOLY lil’ poster paint pods
- OOLY Smooth Stix Watercolor Gel Crayons
- Construction Paper
- OOLY paint brushes
- Popsicle Stick
- Prompt students to paint and decorate their paper plates based on the habitat of their winter animal. They’ll paint the background on 3/4 of their first paper plate and then paint the bottom of their background on 1/3 of the second paper plate.
- On the first paper plate, cut a slit 1/2″ below the line of the second paper plate.
- Place the second paper plate on top of the first paper plate and adhere it to the first paper plate along the edges.
- Then, create your animal using the construction paper, scissors and popsicle stick.
- Finally, show students how to insert their popsicle stick into the paper plate slit to make it interactive.
I hope your students LOVE this activity as much as I do! Huge thank you to OOLY for supplying all of the best craft supplies for teachers and students!
If you do this activity, we’d love to see it! Tag us on Instagram — @thesuperheroteacher and @weareooly.