This interactive bulletin board is a way to encourage students to TELL THEIR STORY and share it with their peers. I’ve included 21 different journal writing prompts for students to choose in this resource. Simply print and display them in your classroom.
– Bulletin Board Directions
– Display Images
– “We All Have A Story To Tell” letters for board
– 21 writing challenges
– Collaborative directions for students to share their journal entries with their peers
– Pictures for examples
1. Print the hexagon challenges on pages 2-22 of this document. These are the writing prompts your students will choose from.
2. You will need a journal for each prompt OR a journal for each class– whichever you prefer. I like to shop for these when they’re on sale for $.50 a piece before the beginning of the school year! Students will use these journals to write their responses. This creates a collaborative opportunity for students to share their thoughts, ideas, and stories with their classmates.
3. Print the “We All Have a Story To Tell” and “Tell Yours” on 10”x20” poster paper. You can do this at stores like Office Max, Staples, or UPS.
4. Use the bulletin board setup guidelines above to arrange your board and post it in your classroom!
This bulletin board was designed for Extreme Makeover Classroom Edition on the Navajo reservation in Monument Valley, Utah! It was a huge hit with the teacher and students!