Use these Common Core aligned task cards for ANY novel or short story in middle and high school ELA. These hands-on, interactive task cards are based on Bloom’s Taxonomy and require students to think beyond the text.
NOTE: This resource was UPDATED January 2020.
- 36 Common Core aligned task cards for ANY novel (4 questions per RL standard)
- Graphic organizers to pair with each task card
- Differentiated questions on each task card based on Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Corresponding graphic organizer for each standard/task card
- Teacher directions and suggestions
- Common Core State Standards (RL) checklist
- Preview of task cards in action
This activity is perfect for literature circles or reader’s workshops.
Standards & skills covered:
9-12.RL.1: Textual Evidence
9-12.RL.2: Identifying themes
9-12.RL.3: Character analysis
9-12.RL.4: Tone, figurative language, and word choice
9-12.RL.5: Plot Development
9-12.RL.6: Point of View and Style
9-12.RL.7: Different literary Mediums
9-12.RL.9: Literary Time Periods
9-12.RL.10: Integration of Knowledge & Ideas
Ideas for using:
- Literature circles/Reader’s workshop
- Novel review
- Class discussion
- Whole class activity
NOTE: explanations of each of these included in the resource
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteacher
NOTE: All resources are digital downloads designed to be printed and distributed by the teacher. You will not receive a physical hard copy of the product. This saves in shipping costs and allows teachers the flexibility to assign the materials when convenient for them. Enjoy!