This student Poetry Journal for creative writing includes 20+ types of poetry for students to complete! It is designed for grades 6-12 and includes poetry definitions, descriptions, formats, student examples and student work space!
This resource provides teachers with a poetry portfolio for students in an organized and focused way. The journal is organized by poem type and allows students to work independently while simultaneously creating a journal of their written expression. Students will strengthen their writing and language skills with each type of poem.
This resource includes a DIGITAL version for distance learning. It is compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom!
This resource includes:
- Poetry journal template for students to complete
- 20+ types of poetry for students to complete
- Definition of poem
- Description of poem
- Formatting of poem
- Poetry tips
- Student work page
- Student examples for each poem
- Anatomy of a Poem (guide for students to reference)
- version included for distance learning purposes
- Teacher directions
- Journal format for organizations
- Rubric for grading
- Zero prep. Simply print and distribute.
Below are the types of poetry included in the journal
- Concrete Poem
- Acrostic Poem
- Free Verse
- Bio Poem
- Alphabet Poem
- List Poem
- Blackout Poem
- Create the perfect creative writing unit with the poetry journal.
- Witness student creativity through written expression and poetry.
- Students can work independently to create their own poetry portfolio.
- Strengthen writing and reading skills.
- Watch students develop a deeper understanding of different types of poetry.
- Encourage students to read and share their poems with classmates.
Please download the preview for more information. The preview provides images of the POETRY JOURNAL pages in action.
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach
If you like this product, please leave feedback!
NOTE: All resources are digital downloads designed to be printed and distributed by the teacher. You will not receive a physical hard copy of the product. This saves in shipping costs and allows teachers the flexibility to assign the materials when convenient for them. Enjoy!
There are no reviews yet.