Use this mathematics Bell Ringer Journal for the entire school year to strengthen your students’ problem solving and critical thinking skills. This journal includes 275 math themed journal prompts for 4th and 5th grade students.
This product provides teachers with an entire school year of mathematics-themed journal prompts in an organized and focused way. The journal is organized by month with 20 entries per month. Students will strengthen their reading, math, writing, problem solving and critical thinking skills with these unique, higher level thinking bell ringers.
This product is created by The SuperHERO Teacher and Mackenzie Webster. Brittany focused on the career readiness and real-world application prompts, while Mackenzie, who has 10 years of experience teaching 4th grade, designed the graphs and prompts related to the core math principles.
We have included an EDITABLE version of the bell ringer journal to help fit each teacher’s needs! You can edit any of the questions and/or headings in the journal.
This resource includes:
- unique bell ringer prompts based on mathematical practices
- Answer key
- DIGITAL version of bell ringer journal
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically
- Attend to precision
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
- Daily warm-up prompts that focus on analyzing data, career readiness, real world application, and the CCSS for 4-5 math
- 100% editable to meet your needs (you’ll need to download fonts)
- Teacher directions
- Cover pages for each of the months
- Tabs to keep students organized throughout the year
- Zero prep. Simply print and distribute.
BENEFITS OF THIS JOURNAL:
- Students will strengthen not only their math skills, but their reading, writing, and communication skills as well.
- Create routine with your students. Each day, your students will know to grab their bell ringer journal and begin working on the prompt.
- Forget having to come up with creative bell ringer prompts on the spot each morning, that’s all taken care of for you! You now have time to focus on your other planning.
- The prompts provide get students in the “Math Zone” and ready to focus on the day’s work!
- No mess, easy to grade, and simple to keep organized.
Looking for a middle or high school math bell ringer journal? Check it out here:
Math Bell Ringer Journal for Grades 7-12
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach
If you like this product, please leave feedback!
NOTE: All resources are digital downloads designed to be printed and distributed by the teacher. You will not receive a physical hard copy of the product. This saves in shipping costs and allows teachers the flexibility to assign the materials when convenient for them. Enjoy!
There are no reviews yet.