This Grammar Bell Ringer Journal for the entire school year includes 190+ journal prompts for middle school grades 6-8 and high school grades 9-12.
This resource provides teachers with an entire school year of grammar-related journal prompts in an organized and focused way. The journal is organized by unit with several skills covered in each section. Students will strengthen their writing and language skills with these unique, higher-level thinking bell ringers while also developing a solid understanding of various grammar skills. NOTE: This bell ringer journal has completely different prompts from all other bell ringer journals.
This resource includes a DIGITAL version for distance learning. It is compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom!
This resource covers:
- unique bell ringer prompts based on SEVEN key grammar units for middle school & high school:
- Interjections + Direct Address
- Pronouns: Subjective + Objective
- Pronouns: Possessive + Reflexive
- Pronouns: Relative + Demonstrative
- Pronouns: Antecedents, Vague Pronouns, & Shifts
- Pronouns: Shifts in Number and Person
- Dependent Clauses
- Independent Clauses
- Simple Sentences
- Compound Sentences
- Complex Sentences
- Compound-Complex Sentences
- Verb moods
- Direct + Indirect Objects
- Active + Passive Voice
- Semicolons + Colons
- Commas Review
- Run-On Sentences
- Commas (introductions + tags)
- Commas with Essential and Nonessential Elements (Appositives)
- Commas with Cumulative and Coordinate Adjectives
- Introduction to Modifiers
- Dangling Modifiers
- Misplaced Modifiers
- Quotation Marks + Dialogue
- Quotation Marks + MLA Citations
- BONUS Week: Redundancy
- DIGITAL version INCLUDED for distance learning (compatible with Google Slides)
- Includes a limited version of Secondary Sara’s Grammar Diagnostic Test #1, modified just for middle school topics
- Answer key
- Plant + greenery themed (easily printed in black and white)
- Teacher directions
- Cover pages for each of the months
- Tabs to keep students organized throughout the year
- Zero prep. Simply print and distribute.
This resource was designed and created by Secondary Sara and The SuperHERO Teacher!
Please download the preview for more information. The preview provides images of the bell ringer journal pages in action.
Connect with Me
NOTE: All resources are digital downloads designed to be printed and distributed by the teacher. You will not receive a physical hard copy of the product. This saves in shipping costs and allows teachers the flexibility to assign the materials when convenient for them. Enjoy!