This End-of-Year Escape Room focuses on growth mindset, career readiness, and mindfulness! Your students will work through five (5) detailed missions as they earn keys to unlock them. This is an engaging and interactive project for students to complete before the end of the year!
Use these mind quests to inspire students to think outside the box, work together as a team, and strengthen their detective skills!
What is included in this resource?
-Five (5) detailed missions
-Six (6) keys to unlock the missions (consisting of puzzles, mazes, mind games, and riddles)
-Envelope cover pages
What do the missions look like?
1. Students begin with a welcome letter that prompts them to complete their first challenge– creating a team mission statement. After presenting their mission statement to the teacher, students earn their first key to unlock mission #1. This key requires students to complete 5 mazes and unscramble letters to complete a riddle.
2. Mission #1: Students complete a crossword puzzle using growth mindset vocabulary terms. Then, they unscramble the shaded letters on the puzzle to earn the key to mission #2.
3. Mission #2: Students read an informational text article about Mona Patel, a woman to demonstrates incredible courage. After reading, they’ll answer a series of questions based on the article. Then, in order to get the key and unlock mission #3, students must create a piece of blackout poetry using the article and the puzzle directions (see example in the preview).
4. Mission #3: This challenge focuses on career readiness! As a group, students will work together to hire the best candidate for the new art teacher position at Valley High School. They’ll analyze three candidate’s resumes and cover letters to choose who is best fit. Depending on who they choose, they’ll answer a series of riddles to unlock the next clue (hint: they’ll need their phones or a mirror for this).
5. Mission #4: Students will work together to develop a solution to the “worst case scenario” prompt provided. They’ll develop a way to escape, and once they do, they’ll use Morse Code to decipher the answer to the riddle that unlocks the final mission.
6. Mission #5: This is the final mission. Each student in the group will read about a different famous failure using the QR codes provided. After reading, they’ll answer questions and discuss them as a group. Finally, they’ll use a Cipher Wheel to answer one last riddle… and when they do, they’ve successfully completed the End-of-Year Escape Room!
You don’t want to miss out on this activity!!! Your students will be begging for more.
Download the preview to see all of the missions and keys in the End of Year Escape Room Activity in action!
If you like this product, please leave feedback!