This Edgar Allan Poe unit is designed to keep students exciting, intrigued, and interactive throughout the entire study. The four stories/poems that are read include: The Tell-Tale Heart, The Black Cat, The Pit and the Pendulum, and The Raven.
As of October 7, 2020, there is a DIGITAL version of this resource included for distance learning. It is compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom
RESOURCE UPDATED AS OF 10/7/2019 (Six new resources added)
This unit includes:
– 10 Edgar Allan Poe themed bell ringers
– Introductory internet scavenger hunt with answer key
– The Life of Edgar Allan Poe PowerPoint Presentation with guided notes
– The Tell Tale Heart complexity wheel
– The Pit and the Pendulum interactive task cards with answer key
– The Black Cat Focus Lesson
– The Raven text annotation activity
– Tic-tac-toe quizzes for each short story/poem
– Character guides for The Black Cat and The Tell Tale Heart + answer key
– Five minute horror stories writing activity
– House listings from Poe’s stories
– Newspaper article activity
– Pluto’s perspective (differing POVs) bulletin board/decor activity
– Spooky short story activity
– Final test (can be used with a combination of text’s by Poe)
Please download the preview for more information!
NOTE: All resources are digital downloads designed to be printed and distributed by the teacher. You will not receive a physical hard copy of the product. This saves in shipping costs and allows teachers the flexibility to assign the materials when convenient for them. Enjoy!