Looking for a way to get organized as you prepare your classroom environment, atmosphere and design this school year? I’ve got you covered with this editable and customizable classroom mood board!
As the host of Extreme Makeover Classroom Edition and someone who has completed 10+ classroom flips and renovations, I am a huge proponent of creating a mood board before making any changes to a space.
Classroom décor is the least important component of this mood board template, though. The key pages in this document focus on classroom environment and atmosphere, and how to create a learning space that is safe, inclusive and welcoming for every student that enters your classroom!
This resource is perfect for back to school!
Here’s what you’ll find inside the mood board:
- 2 title pages to choose from
- Welcome letter
- Teacher directions for editing
- Editable template in Canva
- About the teacher page
- Current classroom questionnaire
- Classroom goals
- The Golden Circle activity
- Classroom environment vision
- Classroom tone
- Classroom environment explanation
- Limiting beliefs activity
- Environment goal setting
- Classroom priorities wheel
- School relationships (student, admin, fellow
teachers, and parents)
- Classroom design mood board
- Photo inspiration
- Current classroom photos
- Color psychology
- Choosing your colors
- Classroom typography
- Classroom poster brainstorm
- Classroom item checklist
- Dream classroom collage
- Patterns + textures
- Classroom layout/floor plan
- Learning tools
- Bulletin board inspiration
- Flexible seating
- Key classroom features
- Set up checklist
- Classroom atmosphere graphic organizer
- Student atmosphere graph
- Library inventory
- Classroom routine
- Accessibility check
- Classroom motto quote
NOTE: This resource is editable in Canva (the best website EVER for teachers and designers) and you can sign up for free at canva.com. It is SUPER user friendly and you can easily edit, save and print.
This template works for all teachers in any grade level or subject area!
This resource includes the following:
- Teacher directions
- EDITABLE + Digital mood board that is customizable in Canva (sign up to edit for free)
- 40 pages to help you set your intentions for classroom environment, atmosphere and design
- Ability to edit and customize all fonts, colors, photos, and inspiration
- Easily edit, save, and print
- Create and design an inclusive, safe and aesthetically pleasing environment for students who enter your learning space
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach
If you like this product, please leave feedback!
NOTE: All resources are digital downloads designed to be printed and distributed by the teacher. You will not receive a physical hard copy of the product. This saves in shipping costs and allows teachers the flexibility to assign the materials when convenient for them. Enjoy!