This Creative Writing Workbook includes 25+ different creative writing projects + activities for students to complete! It is designed for grades 6-12 and includes student descriptions, student examples, brainstorming pages, and rubrics for each project!
This resource provides teachers with a unique way to present creative writing projects to students. The journal is organized by fiction and non-fiction, and allows students to work independently while simultaneously creating a portfolio of their written expression. Students will strengthen their writing and language skills with each creative writing activity.
This resource includes a DIGITAL version for distance learning. It is compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom!
This resource includes:
- Teacher directions
- EDITABLE version included
- 25+ creative writing activities and projects
- Student directions for each project
- Student example for each project
- Rubric for each project
- Project brainstorming page for each activity
- DIGITAL version compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom for distance learning purposes
- Writing reflection piece
- Section breakdown/outline for reference
Below are the various creative writing activities included in the journal
- Children’s book
- Screen play
- Graphic novel
- Short (horror) story
- Short (sensory) story
- Personal mantra
- Book review
- Food blog
- Travel blog
- One-word essay
- Newspaper article
- Personal biography
- Podcast Script
- Career-Readiness Essay
- College-Readiness Essay
- Art analysis
- Nature essay
- Modern day hero
- Elevator speech
- Social media campaign
- Marketing plan
- Theme essay
- Persuasive essay
- Research essay
- OPTION ONE: Give students the creative writing portfolio at the beginning of the school year or semester and have them select 3-6 projects to complete throughout their time with you.
- OPTION TWO: Assign each student the same number activity/project and have them complete it simultaneously.
- OPTION THREE: For a creative writing unit, have students choose one activity from each of the sections.
- OPTION FOUR: Use these activities as extra practice or reinforcement for struggling or advanced students.
- OPTION FIVE: Have a fiction writing unit and a separate non-fiction writing unit and give students the opportunity to CHOOSE their project.
Please download the preview for more information. The preview provides images of the CREATIVE WRITING WORKBOOK pages in action.
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach
If you like this product, please leave feedback!
NOTE: All resources are digital downloads designed to be printed and distributed by the teacher. You will not receive a physical hard copy of the product. This saves in shipping costs and allows teachers the flexibility to assign the materials when convenient for them. Enjoy!